CONTENTMENT COTTAGE

WELCOME! In the midst of each life's chaos exists a place of calm and sunshine. I call mine Contentment Cottage. It is the place where I write my stories and find the peace of God. I've posted my "Ice Pick" reviews and will continue to add some of what I call my "Ice Crystals": poems, articles, essays, fillers, and recipes.

Thursday, January 04, 2007

ICE CRYSTALS

"AN AMERICAN GRACE"

Bless, O Lord, those who patrol
our streets and seas and skies
that we may dwell in safety.
And bless those who work our fields
and tend our flocks and herds
that we may eat when we are hungry.
And bless us, Lord, that we may come
to love and serve Thee better. Amen.

{A poem - prayer published in Easy Herb Cooking for Busy People, by D.C. Ice. Burlingham, N.Y., Contentment Cottage, 1996.}

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home