CONTENTMENT COTTAGE

WELCOME! In the midst of each life's chaos exists a place of calm and sunshine. I call mine Contentment Cottage. It is the place where I write my stories and find the peace of God. I've posted my "Ice Pick" reviews and will continue to add some of what I call my "Ice Crystals": poems, articles, essays, fillers, and recipes.

Sunday, August 01, 2010

POINTING A FINGER AT GOD
When I was a kid and someone would say something mean like, "You're so stupid" or "You look like a witch," the other person would usually respond with "So are you" or "Takes one to know one" or something similar. But once when we moved and I started a new school, the kids there responded differently. They would say, "I know you are, but what am I?" Frequently, the response made no sense at all, and never having heard it before, I was confused.

Finally, one of my new friends said it had to do with finger-pointing, even if no one actually was pointing a finger at anyone else, but it was just assumed. Duh. Okay. I still didn't get it until she added that when you point a finger at someone, you have your fist clenched and three fingers pointing back at yourself.

Okay, dodo here finally got it. Sort of.

The other day here was just such a perfect day. The weather was fantastic, and if summer could be this way always, I thought, it would give heaven a run for its money. The clouds were magnificent and drew my attention upwards. For some reason, I thought of the baseball players who raise their hands and point heavenward to give God the glory after they make a great play, and I did the same. Instead of just thanking God for the lovely, lovely day, I pointed skyward and said, "You are wonderful, Lord!"

And then I looked at my hand and saw the three fingers pointing back at myself. The Bible says we are fearfully and wonderfully made. I am wonderful. My body is a wonder. My mind is a wonder. That I love God is a wonder. That He loves me is a greater one.

You are wonderful, too! We are all wonderful creatures. We are all wonderful individuals. Don't ever sell yourself short. "God doesn't make junk."

You are wonderful. I know you are.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home