CONTENTMENT COTTAGE

WELCOME! In the midst of each life's chaos exists a place of calm and sunshine. I call mine Contentment Cottage. It is the place where I write my stories and find the peace of God. I've posted my "Ice Pick" reviews and will continue to add some of what I call my "Ice Crystals": poems, articles, essays, fillers, and recipes.

Sunday, November 05, 2006

IN THE SILENCE

Lord, I know they say to pray a Psalm when your heart is too full and you can’t find your own words, but I never can find a "good" one when I need it. This time I did. Psalm 56.

"Be merciful unto me, O God: for man would swallow me up; he fighting daily oppresseth me. Every day they wrest my words: all their thoughts are against me for evil. Put thou my tears into thy bottle: are they not in thy book? What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee.

"In God I will praise His word. In God will I praise His word, in the Lord will I praise His word."

"What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee." When I am in thee I am safe. Being "in God" is akin to the New Testament’s "in Christ," as E. Stanley Jones writes in In Christ.

Deuteronomy 10:12 says, "What doth the Lord thy God require of thee, but to fear the Lord thy God, to walk in all His ways, and to love Him, and to serve the Lord thy God with all thy heart and with all thy soul?"

"Walk before God in the light of the living."

{From A Journal of the Spirit, a Journey of the Soul, by D.C. Ice, Nov. 5, 1997}

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home