CONTENTMENT COTTAGE

WELCOME! In the midst of each life's chaos exists a place of calm and sunshine. I call mine Contentment Cottage. It is the place where I write my stories and find the peace of God. I've posted my "Ice Pick" reviews and will continue to add some of what I call my "Ice Crystals": poems, articles, essays, fillers, and recipes.

Sunday, November 12, 2006

IN THE SILENCE

Too often, Lord, I forget that prayer, like conversation, is supposed to be a two-way street, and so I prayed this morning:

"‘Speak, Lord, for thy servant hears.’ You have said, ‘Be still and know that I am God.’ Help me to be still and listen. . . ."

And this was the answer I received, not in audible words, but in thoughts that came quickly to me:

"Offer your day’s planned activities one-by-one for guidance or inspiration or warning. Doing this is not a distraction, but a leading. Be still. The Old Testament has great value; read the lessons. Their worth may not be immediately apparent to you. I have shown you this before. Keep silence. Saul disobeyed. Rebellion is akin to witchcraft; stubbornness is akin to iniquity and idolatry. Saul tried to go beyond God’s command. He was more afraid of his people than of God. He made excuses to justify doing things his way. Keep track of what is revealed to you so you may remember and see your progress in spiritual learning and growth."

{From A Journal of the Spirit, a Journey of the Soul, by D.C. Ice, Nov. 12, 1991.}

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home