CONTENTMENT COTTAGE

WELCOME! In the midst of each life's chaos exists a place of calm and sunshine. I call mine Contentment Cottage. It is the place where I write my stories and find the peace of God. I've posted my "Ice Pick" reviews and will continue to add some of what I call my "Ice Crystals": poems, articles, essays, fillers, and recipes.

Sunday, July 22, 2007

IN THE SILENCE
"Amen" is not "good-bye."
I used to be reluctant to leave a church service or to get up from praying, feeling that I was losing that wonderful connection with God. Sometimes I even avoided saying,"Amen," even though I knew it was from the Hebrew and means something like "so be it," a traditional ending for prayer and an affirmation or ratification of a statement or a plea. This morning when I finished praying in my quiet time, I suddenly understood that because God's presence never leaves me, "Amen" is not "good-bye." I may from time to time forget about Him, but fortunately He does not forget me. "Amen" is not "good-bye."

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home