CONTENTMENT COTTAGE

WELCOME! In the midst of each life's chaos exists a place of calm and sunshine. I call mine Contentment Cottage. It is the place where I write my stories and find the peace of God. I've posted my "Ice Pick" reviews and will continue to add some of what I call my "Ice Crystals": poems, articles, essays, fillers, and recipes.

Thursday, January 14, 2010

MY GIFT?
Over and over we are told to witness for Jesus. I'm sorry, but I'm just not very good at that sort of thing. I have no great testimony to give. I never took drugs or drank or smoked or caroused. I've led a very quiet life, although I'm sure I've given my guardian angel some gray hairs (Do angels get gray hair? :-) ). If he thought he was getting a nice quiet librarian-type who liked to write stories, he was in for a big surprise. Or two. I can hardly go five minutes without getting into trouble.

But I do want to be a part of the work God is doing. I do want to serve Him. I do want Him to widen my world. I do want to see others as He sees them, to help others, and to share His love with them.

I pray about this and tell Him that I want to serve Him, and I cry because I always mess it up when I try to speak of the Gospel.

The other day when I prayed, I asked Him to give me the words to say. And it suddenly dawned on me that my gift for sharing is in the inspirations He gives me, the "revelations" I receive now in my morning quiet times and have throughout my life, not in the way of "spreading of the Gospel" by buttonholing strangers on the street as I had supposed.

In my stories and my poems and in such a way as this one, lie my talents.

We all have differing abilities. We are what we are--what He made us, each of us fashioned in a unique way with individual needs and strengths, dreams and hopes, talents and gifts.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home