CONTENTMENT COTTAGE

WELCOME! In the midst of each life's chaos exists a place of calm and sunshine. I call mine Contentment Cottage. It is the place where I write my stories and find the peace of God. I've posted my "Ice Pick" reviews and will continue to add some of what I call my "Ice Crystals": poems, articles, essays, fillers, and recipes.

Sunday, October 31, 2010

NANO NOVEMBER

Well, I decided this year to join National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo)and see if I can't get back into my novel writing. The last couple of years have been difficult for me with my mom's deteriorating health, and I've really missed living in my story worlds.

I've been working on my fantasy, Beacon Burning: Book IV of the Casanarva Scrolls, for too long now, and I really want to get it finished. I have more books planned for the series, but there are days when I despair of ever getting them written.

And then there are my two historical novels--The Coleman Massacre and The Halliday Murders. Not sure if I'll ever get them done either.

And my Fowlers stories with characters that still haunt my dreams and nag at me--The Snare of the Fowlers and The View from Hawks Mountain.

My eyes are bigger than my stomach as my dreams are bigger than my days. But I'd rather be busy and full of dreams.

I probably won't come close to NaNo's 50,000 words. That's a lot of words for a 30-day month that includes Thanksgiving and Christmas preparations, but any progress I make will be something. So wish me luck!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home