CONTENTMENT COTTAGE

WELCOME! In the midst of each life's chaos exists a place of calm and sunshine. I call mine Contentment Cottage. It is the place where I write my stories and find the peace of God. I've posted my "Ice Pick" reviews and will continue to add some of what I call my "Ice Crystals": poems, articles, essays, fillers, and recipes.

Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Nano progress ~ Day 3

Doing well on Nano-ing. 5367 after two days. Discovered the part I wrote yesterday doesn't fit my vision of this book, but belongs in Candles.

I have a much clearer picture of where Beacon is going and how it's going to fit into the series. I was thinking of it as kind of a bridge book--a coming of age story--but now I see that it is really the next step.

But that leaves New Moon hanging. Chronologically it needs to come before Beacon, since Sir Marq and Sir Breeyan are already established by the time of Beacon Burning. But whether it takes place coincidentally with Candles or not, I'm still not sure. There is a time gap in the middle of Candles, and if the season is right, that may be the right place for New Moon. Or perhaps it belongs earlier. Well, I won't worry about that now. I've got enough problems trying to sort out Beacon.

Spent most of today trying to get one of my printers working. I've got three, and none of them were happy. The Lex is out of ink. The Dell is acting up and refusing to print anything. And my ancient reliable 692C HP is being a brat--I finally reinstalled it as a 693, and it's working fine. Vista only recognizes 691 and 693, for some weird reason known but to itself.

On top of that my Clipmate won't transfer anything to this blog, which is another pain.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home