CONTENTMENT COTTAGE

WELCOME! In the midst of each life's chaos exists a place of calm and sunshine. I call mine Contentment Cottage. It is the place where I write my stories and find the peace of God. I've posted my "Ice Pick" reviews and will continue to add some of what I call my "Ice Crystals": poems, articles, essays, fillers, and recipes.

Sunday, November 07, 2010

Shark attack

Phew! I nearly fell off my surfboard there for a couple of days. The sharks were nibbling at my toes. But this morning I finally made a breakthrough on chapter 13, or what is currently 13. I'm driving ahead on this one story thread. I'll need to go back and pick up the other pov's and story lines--not sure I can call them "subplots," as I won't know for a while which is subplot to which. I'm thinking this is the mainline, but--to totally mix my metaphors--nothing is set in concrete here.

Without including today's word count, I'm up to 18,591, which is still ahead of the NaNo game even with my lousy progress, or lack thereof, for a few days.

I should have realized Nov. 4th & 5th are always the nadir of my year. Must be my biorhythms. Funny thing is that I never remember until it's past. You'd think I'd see it coming each year. But I don't. If I'm going to get sick, it's usually then. This year it was my car that got sick. Well, maybe that's a good thing--better the car than me!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home